Multan Sultans have reacted to legal notice issued by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
According to details surfaced on Thursday, the PCB last month issued a legal notice to the Sultans, demanding an apology from Ali Tareen and the withdrawal of his statements. The franchise was warned that failure to comply could lead to the termination of the agreement.
According to the Sultans, Ali Tareen invested billions of rupees after acquiring the franchise and personally bore losses exceeding Rs7 billion. The team said he established cricket academies and created opportunities for young players across the country.
Also Read: PCB sends suspension, termination notice to Multan Sultans
The Sultans maintained that Ali Tareen’s remarks were aimed at improving the Pakistan Super League (PSL). The franchise said it was regrettable that the PCB considered constructive criticism a wrongdoing and described the response as disappointing and condemnable.
The statement added that such behaviour reflected the narrow approach of the current administration. Suppressing honest opinion, the team said, was not the mark of a successful league.
Moreover, the Sultans affirmed that Ali Tareen’s commitment to Pakistan cricket remained firm and unwavering.







