Multiple explosions were heard across Qatar’s capital, Doha, late Monday night, as Iran reportedly launched six ballistic missiles targeting US military bases in the country, according to US and Israeli media reports.
Eyewitnesses reported loud booms and flares lighting up the night sky, with flames briefly visible over several parts of the capital. The nature and extent of the attack are still being assessed, and there is no official confirmation yet of casualties or damage.
According to Axios, quoting an unnamed Israeli official, Iran fired six missiles at US bases in Doha. The report was filed by Barak Ravid, an Axios journalist and former IDF officer. US media outlets have also confirmed Iran's missile launches targeting the Al-Udeid Air Base, which houses American and allied forces in Qatar.
בכיר ישראלי: איראן שיגרה טילים לעבר בסיסים אמריקנים בקטאר
— Barak Ravid (@BarakRavid) June 23, 2025
A Reuters correspondent in Doha reported hearing further explosions following the initial blasts, although it remains unclear whether these were caused by missile impacts or the activation of air defense systems.
CNBC reports citing an admin official say that US President Donald Trump is currently in the Situation Room with his defence secretary, and joints chiefs.
A White House official confirmed that Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth and Joint Chiefs of Staff Chair General John Caine are in the Situation Room monitoring the Qatar situation with President Trump.
Meanwhile, military sources tell Reuters that the air defense system had been activated at US's Ain al-Asad airbase in Iraq for fear of a potential attack.
Bahrain sounds alert
Bahrain has urged its citizens to remain calm and head to the nearest safe place.
The siren has been sounded. Citizens and residents are urged to remain calm and head to the nearest safe place
— Ministry of Interior (@moi_bahrain) June 23, 2025
Just hours ago, Qatar said it has shut down airspace temporarily as part of measures taken amid developments in the region, a statement by the Qatari foreign ministry said on X.
The move follows Iran’s announcement of retaliation against the United States, which has heightened security concerns across the Gulf region.
Qatar’s Civil Aviation Authority announced that the airspace closure is a precautionary step to ensure the safety of residents and international visitors, particularly pilgrims transiting through the country.
“This is a temporary measure aimed at ensuring public safety amid ongoing regional developments,” said a Qatari government source, speaking to a local news agency.
According to US media reports, Iran may launch an attack on the Al-Udeid Air Base in Qatar. In response to the potential threat, the United States has already evacuated personnel from the base.
Additionally, American and British warplanes stationed at Al-Udeid have been relocated to an undisclosed location, reports say.
US, UK issue safety advisories
The US and British embassies in Doha have already issued alerts to their citizens, advising them to remain in secure shelters until further notice. The advisories reflect growing fears of potential spillover effects from the Iran-US standoff.
Schools ordered to close
Adding to the precautionary measures, several schools across Qatar have also been ordered to shut down for Tuesday, with local authorities monitoring the situation closely.







