Additional Deputy Commissioner (ADC) Revenue Hidayat Buledi was martyred on Friday after armed terrorists belonging to the proscribed Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) - also refrred to as Fitna al-Hindustan - stormed Surab city in Khuzdar district.
The militants attacked Surab Bazaar, looted a commercial bank, and set fire to residences of several government officials, including ADC Buledi’s home, where women and children were present.
Balochistan government spokesperson Shahid Rind condemned the attack as a direct challenge to the writ of the state and a “cowardly attempt to destabilise the region.”
He said the assault was carried out by proxies allegedly backed by India to foment unrest in the province. “The martyrdom of our brave officer is a symbol of unmatched courage. He sacrificed his life to protect the nation and has set a new example of valour,” Mr. Rind said.
Security forces including the Frontier Corps (FC), police, and Levies launched a search and clearance operation to apprehend the attackers. Deputy Commissioner Surab confirmed the attack and paid tribute to ADC Buledi, a LUMS alumnus, who fought valiantly during the assault.
President Zardari, PM Shehbaz condemn coward attack; Pay tribute to martyred ADC
Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif strongly condemned the cowardly terrorist attack on innocent citizens, government officials, and a bank in Surab. He expressed deep sorrow over the martyrdom of ADC Buledi, who laid down his life defending his town from terrorists, and extended sympathies to the bereaved family.
Describing the attack on unarmed civilians, including women and children, as reflective of terrorists’ animosity towards Balochistan’s peace and progress, the prime minister vowed to continue the war against terrorism until its complete elimination. He directed authorities to identify those involved and ensure exemplary punishment.

President Asif Ali Zardari also strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Surab, paying tribute to the martyred ADC Hidayatullah Buledi and offering prayers for patience for the bereaved family.
He stated that Indian-sponsored terrorists aim to spread unrest in Pakistan, but their nefarious designs would not succeed. The president reaffirmed that security forces are united in their efforts to eliminate terrorism and stressed that operations against groups like Fitnat al-Hindustan will continue until peace is restored.
The recent attack follows a deadly blast near Zero Point in Khuzdar on May 21, which targeted a school bus and killed eight people, including five students. Intelligence sources have reported increased activity by India’s Research and Analysis Wing (RAW), allegedly using groups like BLA and Fitna al-Khawarij, as well as illegal Afghan nationals, to fuel violence in Balochistan.
Earlier this year, ISPR Director General Lt Gen Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry presented evidence of Indian state-sponsored terrorism aimed at destabilising Pakistan by intensifying attacks in the province.
The Balochistan government has vowed to thwart all anti-state elements and continue operations to restore peace and security in the region.







