Federal Finance Minister Muhammad Aurangzeb has made it clear that no mini-budget will be presented.
Speaking on Samaa TV, Aurangzeb confirmed that Pakistan has received the fourth instalment of $2 billion from the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
The federal finance minister stated that no new conditions had been imposed by the IMF for the fourth instalment. He added that efforts are underway to improve the existing system.
Also Read: Public disclosure of officials’ assets not IMF condition: Aurangzeb
Earlier today, Aurangzeb has clarified that making public the assets of government officials is not an additional condition of the IMF, calling it a practical reform step as Pakistan pushes ahead with structural and economic changes.
Addressing the All Pakistan Chambers Conference in Lahore, Aurangzeb said publicising the assets of government officials is not an extra demand by the International Monetary Fund.
He explained that while parliamentarians’ assets are already available on official websites, the assets of bureaucrats should also be made public, adding that these details will be accessible to the public by December 31.
IMF engagement, structural reforms
The minister acknowledged widespread concerns that the IMF may impose additional restrictions, but said discussions with the Fund would focus on structural reforms.
He confirmed that Pakistan has received the fourth IMF installment of $1.2 billion, stressing that the country remains committed to reform under the 37-month IMF programme.







