Minister of State for Law Barrister Aqeel Malik declared on Thursday the standard of the social media platform X regarding Pakistan to be wholly inadequate and said that, if the platform failed to cooperate, the Brazil model could also be adopted.
Addressing a press conference flanked by Minister of State for Interior Talal Chaudhry, Malik said that the videos concerning the Palestine issue are removed within 24 hours, whereas X does not provide access to the IP addresses of accounts involved in terrorism.
The Minister of State for Law said that the matter could also be taken before an international court.
Minister of State for Interior Talal Chaudhry questioned why data on child pornography is auto-deleted by social media, yet data relating to terrorism is not. Talal Chaudhry said that social media platforms must refrain from violating Pakistani laws, otherwise the government would be compelled to act.
He said that a warning on social media regulation had been issued on twenty-four July, adding that modern technology, including AI and algorithms, was being used on social media to spread terrorism, and that the response of certain applications in this regard was extremely weak.
Chaudhry maintained that 19 accounts involved in terrorism were being operated from India and 28 from Afghanistan. He said that the response of X and Facebook against accounts involved in terrorism was exceedingly weak.
He maintained that the government again demanded that social media platforms open their offices in Pakistan, adding that evidence existed of 40 proscribed organisations operating from Afghanistan.







