The Pakistan Army successfully foiled an infiltration attempt by terrorists along the Pak-Afghan border in Bajaur, killing four terrorists, including a high-profile commander, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Thursday.
According to the ISPR, the operation was conducted in a timely and effective manner, preventing the terrorists from entering Pakistan. The killed militants were attempting to infiltrate from Afghan territory, reinforcing Pakistan’s concerns about continued cross-border threats.
Top commander among those killed
Among the slain terrorists was Amjad alias Muzahim, a key commander of the banned terrorist outfit and the deputy to group leader Noor Wali. He also served as the head of the group’s leadership council and was a close associate of the organization’s top leadership.
Also Read: Will secure borders by force if cross-border terrorism doesn't stop: Sanaullah
The Pakistan government had announced a bounty of Rs5 million for information leading to Muzahim’s capture. He was reportedly involved in planning, funding, and executing several major terrorist attacks across the country while operating from Afghan soil.
Terrorists based in Afghanistan
The ISPR confirmed that the slain militants had been residing in Afghanistan and were actively engaged in conducting terrorist activities inside Pakistan. The operation highlights the persistent threat emanating from Afghan territory despite repeated diplomatic engagements between the two countries.
Also Read: 18 Indian-backed terrorists killed in Balochistan IBOs: ISPR
Security forces have launched clearance and sanitization operations in the surrounding areas to eliminate any remaining threats and ensure border security.
Afghan authorities urged to act
The Pakistan Army has once again urged the interim Afghan government to prevent the use of its territory for terrorism against Pakistan. “The leadership of Fitna al-Khawarij is trying to infiltrate from Afghan soil, but the effective measures of our security forces have foiled all their plans,” the ISPR statement said.
The spokesperson added that the incident once again proves that some terrorist groups continue to find safe havens inside Afghanistan, despite Pakistan’s repeated warnings.
Also Read: Pakistan willing to revive stalled talks with Afghan Taliban in Istanbul
The ISPR reiterated that Pakistan’s security forces remain fully determined to eliminate the menace of terrorism from the country under the Vision of Determination framework.
“The dirty intentions of the terrorists have once again been thwarted,” the ISPR noted, emphasizing that the campaign against terrorism will continue until lasting peace is achieved.







