In a latest move, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) claimed that sirens were sounding in northern Israel due to missile fire from Iran.
🚨 Sirens sounding in northern Israel due to missile fire from Iran 🚨 pic.twitter.com/woGhqD7VCK
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) June 24, 2025
At least 6 people were killed and more than 20 others were injured in Beersheba as a barrage of missiles fired from Iran struck southern Israel in the hours leading up to a ceasefire announced by U.S. President Donald Trump.
According to Magen David Adom (MDA), at least two of the wounded were transported to Soroka Hospital in moderate condition, while six others sustained minor injuries.
Following the missile fire towards Israel:
— Magen David Adom (@Mdais) June 24, 2025
As of 07:45, at the southern Israel site:
4 fatalities
2 moderately injured
20 minor injuries and anxiety.
MDA teams are continuing search and rescue operations.
Updates to follow pic.twitter.com/u5FJPWoveu
Most of the victims suffered from cuts, limb injuries, and anxiety-related symptoms, MDA confirmed.
Israel issued six separate air raid alerts overnight into Tuesday morning, warning of incoming waves of Iranian missiles. Residents across Israel were repeatedly ordered to take shelter as the country’s air defense systems worked to intercept the attacks.
Heavy explosions heard across occupied territories after multiple rounds of attacks
— Press TV 🔻 (@PressTV) June 24, 2025
Follow: https://t.co/mLGcUTS2ei pic.twitter.com/ma5YRZpg28
The missile strikes came just hours before the Trump-brokered ceasefire between Iran and Israel was scheduled to take effect. Despite the ceasefire announcement, the night remained tense as sirens continued to sound, forcing many residents to return to bunkers shortly after attempting to leave.
The situation remains fragile, with both sides now under international pressure to uphold the ceasefire and prevent further escalation.
Iran's top scientist killed
Iranian state media has identified another senior nuclear scientist that it said was killed in Israeli strikes.
Mohammad Reza Seddighi Saber, who was working on Iran’s nuclear weapons program, was “assassinated” in the latest Israeli strikes in the north of the capital, Tehran, Press TV reported on Tuesday.
Israel claims to have killed multiple high-profile Iranian nuclear scientists over the past 12 days, as it launched sweeping attacks targeting the country’s nuclear weapons program, top military ranks and missile bases.
Iranian nuclear scientist Sedighi Saber assassinated in latest Israeli terror strike in northern Tehran.
— Press TV 🔻 (@PressTV) June 24, 2025
Follow: https://t.co/mLGcUTS2ei pic.twitter.com/CQpSDXy7ag
According to a report Monday by the Council on Foreign Relations, at least 10 Iranian scientists had been killed in the strikes as of then, including Fereydoon Abbasi, the former head of Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization, and Amir Hossein Feqhi, the organization’s former deputy head.
Seddighi Saber was among multiple people sanctioned earlier this year by the US State Department and Treasury for their links to Iran’s nuclear program.
According to the State Department, he was the head of a group that works on explosive-related projects at SPND, Iran’s organization for defense, innovation and research. The group’s projects included research and testing applicable to the development of nuclear explosive devices, the State Department said.







