The US Secret Service said an armed man was shot and killed early Sunday after entering the secured perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, the Florida resort owned by Donald Trump.
Trump was not at the resort at the time of the incident and remained at the White House along with Melania Trump.
Authorities reported that the suspect, a man in his early 20s from North Carolina, was seen near the property’s north gate carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel container. The confrontation occurred around 1:30 a.m.
According to Rick Bradshaw, the Palm Beach County sheriff, two Secret Service agents and a sheriff’s deputy ordered the man to drop the items. After placing the fuel container down, the suspect allegedly raised the shotgun into a firing position, prompting officers to open fire and neutralize the threat.
Investigators said the individual had been reported missing by his family days earlier and had traveled from North Carolina to Florida. Officials recovered a gun case from his vehicle and believe he entered the property through the north gate as another vehicle was exiting. His identity has not yet been publicly released.
The FBI has urged nearby residents to review security camera footage that could assist the investigation. Authorities are working to determine the suspect’s motive and are compiling a psychological profile.
The incident comes amid heightened concerns over political violence in the United States. It also follows a previous security threat near Trump’s West Palm Beach golf club during the 2024 election campaign, when an armed suspect was apprehended after being spotted by security personnel.
Armed Intruder Shot Dead After Breaching Security at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Resort
The U.S. Secret Service said an armed man was shot and killed early Sunday after entering the secured perimeter of Mar-a-Lago, the Florida resort owned by Donald Trump.
Trump was not at the resort at the time of the incident and remained at the White House along with Melania Trump.
Authorities reported that the suspect, a man in his early 20s from North Carolina, was seen near the property’s north gate carrying what appeared to be a shotgun and a fuel container. The confrontation occurred around 1:30 a.m.
According to Rick Bradshaw, the Palm Beach County sheriff, two Secret Service agents and a sheriff’s deputy ordered the man to drop the items. After placing the fuel container down, the suspect allegedly raised the shotgun into a firing position, prompting officers to open fire and neutralize the threat.
Investigators said the individual had been reported missing by his family days earlier and had traveled from North Carolina to Florida. Officials recovered a gun case from his vehicle and believe he entered the property through the north gate as another vehicle was exiting. His identity has not yet been publicly released.
The FBI has urged nearby residents to review security camera footage that could assist the investigation. Authorities are working to determine the suspect’s motive and are compiling a psychological profile.
The incident comes amid heightened concerns over political violence in the United States. It also follows a previous security threat near Trump’s West Palm Beach golf club during the 2024 election campaign, when an armed suspect was apprehended after being spotted by security personnel.







