Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on Friday rejected rumours of any ‘deal or relief’ with Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) founder Imran Khan.
Speaking to Samaa TV at the Parliament House, the defence minister said no discussion had taken place regarding the transfer of PTI founder Imran Khan abroad or to Bani Gala.
He said it was possible that Imran Khan had been approached in connection with certain facilities, but there was no question of any deal.
Asif said rumours of a deal were spread to keep a political “product” in the market. “Nothing remains in the lap of that product now,” he said.
He added that talk of a deal was raised to keep political relevance alive and to offer hope to supporters.
Questioning the party’s priorities, the defence minister asked whether those concerned valued the beloved homeland or a single individual. “The state endures; no individual is eternal,” he said. “We shall depart from here one day, but the homeland will stand till eternity.”
Turning to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the defence minister said the chief minister’s position was under threat. He alleged that the chief minister had announced a ‘release force’ in order to safeguard his office.
“There should be no objection if the chief minister seeks to secure his position,” he said, adding that the announced ‘release force’ was unconstitutional and unlawful.
He maintained that the formation of any force was the prerogative of the state and that no authority other than the federal government held such a right.
Referring to the Board of Peace for Gaza, Asif said Pakistan had secured a distinctive position. He added that President Trump had praised Pakistan’s political and military leadership.
The defence minister said the US president had mentioned a Pakistan-India war some 60 to 70 times.







