The Punjab government has announced that buses and rickshaws will operate free of charge in Lahore on February 6, 7 and 8 to facilitate citizens during the Basant festival.
According to details surfaced on Friday, Punjab Information Minister Azma Bokhari said public transport would remain free for three days to discourage the use of motorcycles and to help reduce traffic accidents.
Meanwhile, Punjab senior minister Marriyum Aurangzeb, speaking on matters related to kite flying and kite string, said manufacturing would be permitted from December 30. She added that instructions had been issued to form a sub-committee by 5 January to prepare and present a comprehensive plan on the matter.
Also Read: Punjab govt to celebrate Basant in Lahore from Feb 6
Earlier this month, the Punjab government had decided to celebrate Basant in Lahore on February 6th, 7th, and 8th.
Sources divulged that a meeting was held in Lahore under the leadership of Punjab Senior Minister Marriyum Aurangzeb. Strict compliance with the law regarding the celebration of Basant in Lahore will be ensured, the decision stated.
Safety rods will be installed on all motorcycles, and preparations for fireworks will take place at designated locations in Lahore, the decision added.







