Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi said on Thursday that Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Field Marshal Syed Asim Munir has assured full security to the Sri Lankan cricket team.
Naqvi said that the assurance had been personally conveyed to Sri Lankan officials, addressing their concerns regarding the team’s safety during its ongoing tour of Pakistan. He added that the Sri Lankan President had contacted him directly, and that both sides had discussed security arrangements in detail.
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) chairman that the Sri Lankan authorities had expressed reservations following recent incidents, but Pakistan’s leadership, including the army chief, had guaranteed comprehensive protection for the visiting players and officials.
Naqvi said that the Sri Lankan government’s decision to continue the tour demonstrated remarkable courage and trust in Pakistan. He also said that the links of recent terrorist activity in Islamabad were traced back to Afghanistan.
Law Minister Azam Nazeer Tarar told the Senate that Sri Lanka have assured Pakistan of its full support in the fight against terrorism.
The Senate unanimously passed a resolution presented by the law minister to pay tribute to the Sri Lankan government for its decision to continue the cricket tour. The resolution has termed Sri Lanka’s choice as a sign of bravery and solidarity with Pakistan.
Interior Minister Naqvi has expressed gratitude to the House for approving the resolution, saying it reflected the deep friendship and mutual respect between the two nations.







