Iran launched missiles at Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar -- the largest US airbase in the Middle East, which serves as the forward headquarters for US Central Command and accommodates approximately 10,000 troops, said the Qatari Foreign Ministry in a statement.
The statement read: "The State of Qatar strongly condemns the attack that targeted Al-Udeid Air Base by the Iranian Revolutionary Guard. We consider this a flagrant violation of the sovereignty of the State of Qatar, its airspace, international law, and the United Nations Charter.
We affirm that Qatar reserves the right to respond directly in a manner equivalent with the nature and scale of this brazen aggression, in line with international law."
نعرب عن إدانة دولة قطر الشديدة للهجوم الذي استهدف قاعدة العديد الجوية من قبل الحرس الثوري الإيراني، ونعتبره انتهاكًا صارخًا لسيادة دولة قطر ومجالها الجوي، وللقانون الدولي وميثاق الأمم المتحدة،ونؤكد أن دولة قطر تحتفظ بحق الرد المباشر بما يتناسب مع شكل وحجم هذا الاعتداء السافر وبما…
— د. ماجد محمد الأنصاري Dr. Majed Al Ansari (@majedalansari) June 23, 2025
Intercepted Iranian missiles
"We reassure that Qatar’s air defenses successfully thwarted the attack and intercepted the Iranian missiles. A detailed statement regarding the circumstances of the attack will be issued later by the Ministry of Defense.
We also emphasize that the continuation of such escalatory military actions will undermine security and stability in the region, dragging it into situations that could have catastrophic consequences for international peace and security."
Call for diplomacy
"We call for the immediate cessation of all military actions and for a serious return to the negotiating table and dialogue.
Furthermore, the State of Qatar was one of the first countries to warn against the dangers of Israeli escalation in the region. We have consistently called for diplomatic solutions to be prioritized and have stressed the importance of good-neighborliness and avoiding escalation.
Also Read: Iran launches missile attacks on US bases in Qatar
We reaffirm that dialogue is the only way to overcome the current crises and ensure the security of the region and the peace of its people."
No casualties
"The base had been evacuated earlier, following established security and precautionary measures, given the tensions in the region. All necessary steps were taken to ensure the safety of personnel at the base, including Qatari Armed Forces members, friendly forces, and others. We confirm that no injuries or human casualties resulted from the attack."
The statement comes after Iran's armed forces said in a statement that they targeted the Al-Udeid base in Qatar with a 'devastating and powerful' missile attack. They said they will not leave any attack on Iran's territory unanswered under any circumstances.
Also Read: Qatar closes airspace; US evacuates airbase over Iran threat
Iran's top security body said in a statement that its armed forces used the same number of bombs that the US had used in attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities. It also said the US base was far from urban facilities and residential areas in Qatar.
The Iranian Supreme National Security Council says that the missile strike against Al Udeid Air Base was away from residential areas in Qatar. “This action does not pose any threat to the friendly and brotherly country, Qatar, and its noble people, and the Islamic Republic of Iran remains committed to maintaining and continuing warm and historic relations with Qatar,” the council said in a statement.







