In a major relief for thousands of Pakistani pilgrims who were unable to perform Hajj this year despite making full payments, the Ministry of Religious Affairs has confirmed that they will be able to perform Hajj in 2026 without any additional cost.
According to official sources, private Hajj operators have assured the government that the affected pilgrims will be accommodated under the same package and price next year. Federal Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousaf has also confirmed the development, calling it a “welcome step” for those who had lost hope.
"There is good news for all pilgrims who missed out despite depositing their money. They will not have to pay anything extra next year," the minister said.
26,000 pilgrims affected
Sources within the ministry revealed that around 26,000 pilgrims were unable to perform Hajj this year due to incomplete bookings by private operators. Out of the total quota of 63,000, the private operators failed to fully utilize their share.
Also Read: Cabinet approves Hajj Policy 2026, raising govt quota to 70%
The affected pilgrims had already deposited their Hajj dues, and their funds — amounting to approximately 490 million Saudi Riyals — are currently held in Saudi Arabia’s wallet.
No additional charges, same package
Officials clarified that no additional charges will be levied on the affected pilgrims next year, and the same Hajj package will apply. The ministry has been in touch with private Hajj operators to ensure transparency and timely communication with all concerned individuals.
"This decision ensures that no pilgrim is financially burdened due to administrative delays or booking failures. The operators have given their full assurance," a source in the Ministry added.
On July 30, the federal cabinet approved the Hajj Policy 2026, during a high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif. The policy outlines comprehensive measures to improve the pilgrimage experience for Pakistani Hajjis.
Also Read: Hajj Policy 2026: Quota, cost, vaccines, all you need to know
A complete digitization of the Hajj operation has been planned for the upcoming year, a move welcomed by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif. “All necessary facilities will be ensured for the pilgrims, and the Ministry of Religious Affairs must implement the Hajj Policy effectively,” he said.
According to official sources, the government quota for Hajj 2026 has been set at 70%, while the private sector will be allowed a 30% share. The Ministry of Religious Affairs had initially recommended a 40:60 split, but the change reportedly came at the PM's insistence to accommodate more applicants through the government scheme.
"Many people were deprived of Hajj, so increasing the government quota is inevitable," PM Shehbaz was quoted as saying during the meeting. The cost of Hajj under the government scheme is expected to range between Rs1.1 to Rs1.2 million.







