Iranian officials on Sunday denied claims of significant damage to the country’s nuclear facilities following reported US-Israeli airstrikes, asserting that the Fordow site remained largely unharmed and no radioactive material had been released.
Speaking to local media, Mohammad Manan Raeisi, a representative of Qom in the Iranian parliament, assured the public that only minor damage had occurred to ground-level structures at Fordow, and that all sensitive materials had been evacuated prior to the attack.
“There has been no radioactive emission, and the site is fully under control,” Raeisi said, rejecting US President Donald Trump’s earlier statement that three key nuclear facilities—Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan—had been successfully bombed.
Raeisi further warned that Iran reserves the right to respond to what he termed a “foolish and provocative” act by the US president.
A local official from Qom also confirmed the strike but said it had only affected a portion of the Fordow facility, reiterating that the damage was not extensive.
Iran’s Atomic Energy Organization condemned the strikes as a violation of international law and nuclear non-proliferation agreements, calling them “brutal” and “unjustified.”
The agency emphasized that Iran’s nuclear programme remains peaceful and warned that the attacks would have consequences.







