US President Donald Trump on Monday downplayed Iran’s ballistic missile strike on the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar, claiming Tehran had provided early warning ahead of the attack and calling for de-escalation and peace in the region.
In a series of posts on Truth Social, Trump said no American lives were lost and damage was minimal as all 14 missiles launched by Iran were either intercepted or diverted. The missiles were aimed at the US military’s largest base in the Middle East, which also hosts Qatari forces and other allied personnel.

"I am pleased to report that NO Americans were harmed, and hardly any damage was done. Most importantly, they’ve gotten it all out of their 'system,' and there will, hopefully, be no further HATE," Trump said.

The president added that Iran's forewarning allowed for protective measures to be taken, claiming that no Qataris or Americans were killed or wounded in the strike.
“I want to thank Iran for giving us early notice, which made it possible for no lives to be lost, and nobody to be injured,” Trump wrote. "Perhaps Iran can now proceed to Peace and Harmony in the Region, and I will enthusiastically encourage Israel to do the same."

White House: Retaliation was expected
A senior White House official had earlier told CNN that the Trump administration had anticipated an Iranian retaliation after US airstrikes on nuclear sites inside Iran over the weekend.
“We knew they’d retaliate. They had a similar response after Soleimani,” the official said, referencing the 2020 killing of top Iranian general Qasem Soleimani in a US drone strike.
The official noted that early assessments suggested the Iranian missiles had failed to hit their intended targets. Qatar’s Ministry of Defense later confirmed that its air defense systems intercepted the incoming missiles, preventing casualties and material loss.
Also Read: Iran launches missile attacks on US bases in Qatar
The US official said the president did not want more military engagement in the region.
The White House emphasized that the president retains the option to respond with force if necessary.
Trump was scheduled to hold talks with national security officials on Monday afternoon. According to the official, his position could evolve depending on developments.
“President Trump is willing to escalate US military involvement if necessary,” the White House source said.
In a follow-up post, Trump reiterated his hope for calm: “It’s time for peace.”
Also Read: Qatar vows right to respond after Iranian missile attack on US airbase
Earlier today, Iran's armed forces said in a statement that they targeted the Al-Udeid base in Qatar with a 'devastating and powerful' missile attack. They said they will not leave any attack on Iran's territory unanswered under any circumstances.
Iran's top security body said in a statement that its armed forces used the same number of bombs that the US had used in attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities. It also said the US base was far from urban facilities and residential areas in Qatar.
The Iranian Supreme National Security Council says that the missile strike against Al Udeid Air Base was away from residential areas in Qatar. “This action does not pose any threat to the friendly and brotherly country, Qatar, and its noble people, and the Islamic Republic of Iran remains committed to maintaining and continuing warm and historic relations with Qatar,” the council said in a statement.
Also Read: Arab states condemn Iran’s missile attack on US base in Qatar
Iranian state TV dubbed this operation against US bases in the region as 'Operation Basharat al-Fath'. A senior White House official said the White House and the US Department of Defense are aware of and closely monitoring the potential threats to the Al Udeid air base in Qatar.
Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps officially confirmed that it launched a retaliatory missile attack targeting the American al-Udeid Air Base in Qatar, Iran’s Tasnim news agency reports.







