At least three police personnel, including a superintendent of police (SP), were martyred in twin explosions at a police checkpost in Hangu district, authorities confirmed on Friday.
According to police officials, two consecutive explosions rocked the vacant Ghalmina checkpost, located under the jurisdiction of Baliamina Police Station. The blasts destroyed a nearby room and the structure of the post.
Unidentified attackers reportedly planted explosive material near the vacant checkpost, which detonated with force, destroying the structure. A police team, including SP (Operations) Asad Zubair, promptly arrived at the site for investigation when the second blast targeted them. The SP and two constables, identified as Kifayat and Atif, were martyred on the spot.
Hangu DPO Khan Zeb Khan said another police official, identified as Dawood, was injured and shifted to the hospital. He further said that SP Zubair was active in anti-terrorist operations for over a month and played an excellent role in expelling them from the area. He was also awarded certificates of appreciation by the officers for his performance.
DSP Amjad Hussain told the media that the Ghalmina checkpost was vacant at the time of the blast. He said terrorists detonated explosives at the empty checkpost, destroying it. Upon receiving information about the explosion, SP Asad Zubair immediately reached the spot with his team to assess the situation when a second explosive device went off in Baliamina.
Three police officials, including SP Zubair, were martyred in the twin blasts, the DSP confirmed. Authorities have cordoned off the area, and a search operation is underway to trace those responsible for the attack.
The martyred SP belonged to the Nawe Kale area of Kohat and was also a cousin of PTI MNA Shehryar Afridi.
Khyber post attacked
Earlier in the day, terrorists had struck the Zerai police checkpost in Khyber. The post, located along the Pak-Afghan Highway within the jurisdiction of the Landikotal Police Station, was evacuated last night before the assault.
Police said the attackers detonated explosive material and later opened heavy gunfire on the post. Fortunately, no casualties were reported, as the personnel had already vacated the area.
North Waziristan curfew
Meanwhile, authorities have imposed a two-day curfew across North Waziristan from 5am to 7pm on October 25 and 26, according to a notification issued by Deputy Commissioner Yousuf Karim.
All main highways will remain closed for general traffic during this period, with movement restricted exclusively to security forces. The district administration said the measure aims to ensure public safety and support ongoing security operations in the region.
Security forces kill eight militants in Lakki Marwat
In a separate incident, security forces conducted an intelligence-based operation (IBO) in the Wanda Sheikhullah area of Lakki Marwat on October 24, killing eight militants and injuring five others in a fierce exchange of fire.
According to security sources, the operation was launched following credible intelligence about the presence of terrorists in the area. The forces carried out the mission with high military precision, preventing the militants from escaping.
“The operation was executed with exceptional skill and coordination,” the sources said, adding that search and clearance operations are continuing due to the possibility of more militants hiding in nearby locations.
Security sources further stated that under the National Action Plan (NAP), operations will continue until the complete elimination of terrorist elements and the restoration of lasting peace in the region.







