Members of the government’s high-level negotiation committee have expressed confidence that the ongoing issues in Azad Kashmir will be resolved through dialogue.
The delegation, formed on Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif’s instructions and reaching Muzaffarabad, appealed to protesters in AJK to remain peaceful and assured that legitimate demands will be met under the Constitution and law.
A high-level delegation from Pakistan has started formal dialogue with representatives of the Joint Action Committee of Azad Jammu and Kashmir in Muzaffarabad today. pic.twitter.com/gcKdFoYKNL
— Dr. Tariq Fazal Ch. (@DrTariqFazal) October 2, 2025
Committee expresses hope for peaceful resolution
Federal Minister Ahsan Iqbal said that Islamabad deeply valued the sentiments of the patriotic people of Azad Kashmir. He urged protesters not to give the country’s enemies an opportunity to exploit the situation by disrupting peace and order.
Also Read: Police attacked during Azad Kashmir protests; PM orders probe
“All political leaders are united on the prime minister’s instructions. Violence complicates matters -- it does not resolve them,” said Senator Rana Sanaullah.
Rana Sanaullah: 'Problems are solved by sitting together'
Interior Minister Rana Sanaullah, who is leading part of the delegation, emphasised dialogue over confrontation.
“We will talk to our brothers from the Public Action Committee. Problems can only be solved by sitting down together, not through protests,” he said. “The demands will be fulfilled in accordance with the Constitution and law. I'm sure that the misunderstanding and confusion will be resolved."
Ameer Muqam: 'Legitimate demands will be resolved'
Federal Minister Ameer Muqam recalled that he and Dr Tariq Fazal had earlier engaged with the protesters in good faith.
“I wanted their legitimate demands to be resolved even then. Nothing is gained from protests -- issues are resolved by talking,” he said. “The purpose of this large delegation is to address the genuine demands of the Kashmiri people.”
Pervaiz Ashraf: 'Delegation will review situation on ground'
Former prime minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf highlighted the importance of dialogue, warning of external threats.
“Our delegation is going to review the situation in Azad Kashmir and to find a solution. The legitimate demands of the Kashmiri people will be addressed immediately,” he said. “In such times, enemies of Pakistan and Kashmir may try to take advantage, but we are committed to peace.”
Expressing concern over the situation in Azad Kashmir, the PPP leader said the members of the Action Committee were dignified. "The Kashmiri brothers will be requested to sit with patience and tolerance. I am absolutely sure that a solution to the problem will be found," he maintained.
Sardar Yousaf: 'Talks have brought relief before'
Federal Minister Sardar Yousaf reminded that Azad Kashmir’s past issues were resolved through dialogue.
“The big problems can also be solved through talks. Responsible leaders of the Public Action Committee will hopefully cooperate, and the legitimate demands for the betterment of the people will be accepted,” he said.
Qamar Zaman Kaira: 'We will accept legitimate demands'
Senior PPP leader Qamar Zaman Kaira reiterated that the government seeks a negotiated solution.
“In any case, we will accept the legitimate demands through talks. We want to resolve issues through dialogue, and we hope protesters will recognize the Prime Minister’s sincere efforts,” he stated.
Path forward
The negotiation committee assured the people of Azad Kashmir that their concerns will be addressed responsibly and peacefully. The government has called on the Public Action Committee to engage with patience and tolerance, stressing that unity is the key to finding a lasting solution.
Earlier, the Azad Kashmir government confirmed that six civilians and three policemen had been martyred during violent protests in Dhirkot. According to the official statement, more than 140 policemen were also injured, with 12 reported to be in critical condition.
Authorities said that around 50 civilians sustained injuries during the clashes. The government appealed to the public to remain peaceful and cautioned citizens against believing fake news being spread on social media under a specific agenda.







