Azad Kashmir Prime Minister Chaudhry Anwarul Haq has called on the Joint Awami Action Committee's (JAAC) to enter talks, saying that 90 per cent of the issues have been resolved and that the existing deadlock must be addressed.
Speaking at a press conference alongside Federal Minister Tariq Fazal Chaudhry, the AJK premier said that provoking unrest was the easiest course but dialogue remained essential. He urged the leaders of the Public Action Committee to suspend their protest and engage with the government, which remained ready to negotiate.
Anwarul Haq said the protest had not remained peaceful, adding that over 150 police personnel had been injured, three had died, and eight remained in critical condition. He warned that violence would only result in loss of life and could not yield solutions.
He emphasised the need to steer clear of violence and disorder, and said the government extended a sincere invitation to resume the dialogue process. He added that if the committee wished to engage with the Azad Kashmir government, his ministers stood available. He accused the protest leadership of becoming tools for foreign adversaries.
On the same occasion, Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader Tariq Fazal Chaudhry said the recent protest had taken AJK to a dead end. He maintained that there had been no need for the protest, as most of the committee’s demands had already been accepted and discussions were ongoing regarding the remaining issues.
He said the committee had been informed that all matters would be resolved within a month, but the protest had continued regardless.
Regarding constitutional matters, he said steps had been taken to amend the constitution of Azad Kashmir in order to abolish the refugee seats. He also confirmed that all issues related to local government had been settled.
According to the minister, the government had agreed to the committee’s demands concerning electricity, wheat, and other matters. He added that following the death of a man named Azhar, the employment concerns for his children had been addressed. Instructions had also been issued for the reinstatement of suspended government employees, and cases registered during the protests would be withdrawn.
Tariq Fazal Chaudhry said the committee had called for a peaceful protest on September 29, and that the government had shown full cooperation in resolving the issues.







