Armed assailants ambushed a convoy of the Balochistan Constabulary (BC) in the Mastung district of the province on Friday, resulting in the martyrdom of two personnel.
According to official sources, the convoy was en route to Quetta when it came under heavy gunfire in the Mastung area. The attack claimed the lives of Acting Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Abdul Razzaq, and Sepoy Raz Muhammad. Two other officials were injured.
Rescue teams and law enforcement swiftly reached the site and shifted the martyred officer's body and the injured personnel to Shaheed Nawab Ghaus Bakhsh Raisani Memorial Hospital for treatment. The condition of the wounded officers is said to be critical.
Security forces have reached the site and launched a search operation to trace the assailants, the spokesperson added.
The provincial government spokesperson said terrorists opened fire on a police convoy in Balochistan. The convoy, which was traveling from Kalat to Quetta, was ambushed in the Choto area. It consisted of two trucks and two pickup vehicles.
He confirmed that Acting DSP Inspector Abdul Razaq and Constable Raz Muhammad were martyred in the attack.
Shahid Rind confirmed that security forces and police personnel immediately reached the site and launched a search operation in the area. Constables Taj Muhammad and Khursheed Ahmed sustained injuries in the firing and were shifted to the hospital for treatment.
The bodies of the martyred officers and the injured personnel are being transported to Quetta by helicopter, he added.
The spokesperson stated that such terrorist incidents were a reflection of the frustration of enemies of peace. He added that these attacks could not shake the morale of the people of Balochistan or its security forces. A formal investigation into the attack had been launched, and the perpetrators would be brought to justice, he assured.







